If you have recently lived, studied, interned, volunteered, or worked abroad, you are invited to the Lessons From Abroad Returnee Conference! This is a career development and networking opportunity designed to help you leverage your time abroad on the job and internship market – sessions will include information on internationalizing graduate school, using second language skills, individual resume critiques for all attendees, and more. The Lessons From Abroad Greater DC Returnee Conference will take place on October 28, 2017 at Youth For Understanding.
Conference highlights include:
- Meeting and networking with professionals from the Peace Corps, Department of State, Capitol Hill, Fulbright, NGOs, employers, and more
- Hearing from dynamic professionals about their experiences abroad
- Learning the inside knowledge on how to talk about your global skills in a job interview – the right buzzwords in the right order
- Meeting representatives from both overseas graduate programs and international affairs and education programs right here in DC
- Getting your resume personally reviewed by career professionals with international work experience
Registration is now open. Please register here at our Eventbrite site.
We ask that you dress business casual and bring several copies of your resume. See the conference link below for an outline of the program schedule.