Welcome to Education Abroad at UVA!
Information on these pages is intended for students from UVA and from other colleges and universities who are interested in studying abroad.
Below are some suggestions of ways you can get started planning for your experience abroad:
- Like UVA Education Abroad on Facebook www.facebook.com/UVAEducationAbroad and follow the Hoos Abroad blog at www.hoosabroad.wordpress.com
- Obtain or renew a passport at travel.state.gov or come to the Passport Drive during International Education Week
- Complete the Education Abroad Workshop
- Learn about programs at the Study Abroad Fair
- Explore education abroad in your major or minor
- Meet with an Education Abroad Advisor - Discuss your goals, program options, finances, etc. (Note: you do not have to meet with an advisor before opening an application)
- Discuss plans with your Academic Advisor - Match a program with your academic goals and needs
- Plan your finances, use financial aid, apply for scholarships
- Bring your family to an Education Abroad Information Session during Family Weekend
- Participate in Global Week at UVA events every October – www.facebook.com/UVAIEW
- Develop your cross-cultural competency at CORE seminars