The Dee Family Global Scholarship was created to support UVA student participation in innovative student learning through study or research abroad that demonstrates well-constructed plans, partnership with the local community, and the potential for continued inquiry.
Award recipients are expected to:
- Comply with Institutional Review Board (IRB) policies and protocols (students engaging in research).
- Following your international experience, submit a report describing your activities, pursuit of goals, challenges and accomplishments, along with a photo of yourself abroad.
Spring Semester Application Deadline: October 15
Summer, Fall Semester, Year Application Deadline: March 1
Successful applicants must:
- Be a currently enrolled student in the College of Arts & Sciences
- Maintain good academic and disciplinary standing with a GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Have demonstrated financial need
- Be approved to participate via the appropriate application or registration record. This record must be in-progress by the scholarship application deadline.
- Study or research in a country with “Low Human Development” scores on the United Nations Human Development Index (HDI) is preferred
- Preference is given for semester or year study and to Global Studies majors and minors
This is a “Common App” application! Click the Apply Now button to get started.
Jet lag no longer affects Shelly Dee (Col ’81), probably because she’s always on the move. An avid traveler, she has visited more than 100 countries. As an undergraduate, Dee was fortunate to study abroad on three separate occasions, pursing coursework in international relations, French, Spanish, and Russian.