To be eligible for study abroad you must:
- be a matriculated, degree seeking UVA student
- have completed at least one semester at UVA (one year is recommended)
- have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.500 (some programs may require higher GPA for admission)
- be in good academic standing (no academic warning)
- be in good disciplinary standing
- be enrolled as a full-time student
- have completed the on-line Education Abroad Workshop
Before departure, you must:
- Complete the UVA Education Abroad online application and all required paperwork by the assigned deadline
- Secure pre-approval for credit transfer
- Participate in a mandatory Pre-Departure Orientation or complete required online modules (varies by program)
UVA policy prohibits undergraduate study abroad in certain countries or regions.
For a list of Alerts, Notices and Warnings, please consult http://iso.virginia.edu/travel-alerts-notices-warnings.
For further information, please review the University Policy on Student International Travel.