January Term Application Deadline
January Term education abroad applications are due by 11:59pm on Saturday, October 1.
- All requirements must be submitted by that time.
- There is no final submit button. Your application is complete when all items are checked off as received.
- Application fees, application fee waivers, and any items in the Uploads, Documents, & Submissions section of your application will be processed on Monday, October 3 as long as they have been submitted by the deadline above.
- Extensions are not permitted given the high volume of applicants.
Questions may be directed to the program’s Education Abroad Advisor during business hours. The ISO is open 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday.
Program Directors & Staff
The Education Abroad team collaborates with faculty and staff to increase student mobility. Together we develop and administer study abroad programs in a variety of disciplines, identify opportunities that align with and complement degree programs and raise student awareness about the many options they have to enhance their education abroad.
Resources for faculty and staff
Faculty Training Sessions – held twice a year for faculty directors.
J-Term and Spring 2023 program director, faculty and staff training will be held on the following dates (all program directors, faculty, or staff must attend one training session):
- Friday, Dec. 2, 2022, 12 p.m. – 2 p.m., Zoom
- Wednesday, Dec. 7, 2022, 12 p.m. – 2 p.m., Zoom
Summer and Fall 2023 program director, faculty and staff training will be held on the following dates (all program directors, faculty, or staff must attend one training session):
- Friday, April 21, 2023, 12 p.m. – 2 p.m., Zoom
- Wednesday, May 3, 2023, 12 p.m. – 2 p.m., Zoom
Study Abroad Directors Collab site – please contact your Education Abroad advisor if you are a director and do not yet have access to the Collab site.
The Forum on Education Abroad - Standards of Good Practice for Education Abroad
Education Abroad Handbook – the general handbook and program-specific guides provide helpful information to students about program logistics and preparation.
Important University Policies
UVA Export Controls - International Travel
Note: University faculty and staff must complete the Temporary Export Certification form prior to taking University equipment (including laptops, tablets, and phones), non-public technical information (generated or provided by the University) or any develop encryption source code with them on international travel.
Promoting Education Abroad
Study Abroad Fair – held near the beginning of fall and spring semesters, the fairs give students an opportunity to interact directly with faculty program directors and representatives from other institutions and study abroad programs.
Family Weekend – each fall, we invite students and their parents to an Open House and Info Session in Minor Hall.
Classroom Presentations – The Education Abroad team is available for classroom presentations throughout the year. Please contact our office for more information about setting up a classroom visit.
Questions? Please contact us!