Go Abroad Again
Feeling like you still have too many blank pages in your passport? Consider these opportunities to get back overseas:
- Study abroad again! Search for a study abroad program.
- Participate in an internship through UVA Global Internships
- Apply for Research Awards like the Harrison Undergraduate Research Awards and the Double Hoo Award
- Look at Graduate schools abroad (and explore funding, including the Rotary Global Grant). Learn about using federal student aid at international universities.
- Research fellowship opportunities through the Office of Citizen Scholar Development (and attend one of their monthly Introductory Workshops to learn more)
- Consider international careers and employment:
- UVA Career Center: Global Careers Search
- Partners in Health
- IAESTE: IAESTE now offers students the opportunity to apply online for a paid, technical internship in more than 80 countries. All sophomores, juniors, seniors and graduate students enrolled in a technical course of study (engineering, science, architecture, computer science, agriculture) at a four year university in the United States are eligible. Citizens of all countries are eligible.
- Presidential Internship Program: At Al Akhawayn University in Ifrane, Morocco, the program aims to provide recent graduates the opportunity to learn about Moroccan culture and language, while working at an American-style university nestled in a pristine, peaceful region in the Middle Atlas Mountains of Morocco. Presidential Interns will spend one academic year working at AUI where they will develop crucial interpersonal and office-related skills.
- Interested in teaching abroad? Check out the Career Center's Resources for Teaching Abroad
- Volunteer opportunities abound as well, including the Peace Corps (also check out UVA's Peace Corps Prep program!)