The Sue and Lee Piepho Scholarship supports undergraduate student participation in education abroad. Awards will be based on the quality of the application.
Award recipients are expected to:
- While abroad, send Dr. Piepho a photo of themselves in their host-city
- Upon return to Grounds, send a letter reflecting upon their international experience
Spring Semester Application Deadline: October 15
Summer, Fall Semester, Year Application Deadline: March 1
Successful applicants must:
- Be a currently enrolled undergraduate student
- Maintain good academic and disciplinary standing with a GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Have demonstrated financial need
- Participate in a credit-bearing education abroad program for a summer, semester or year
- Be approved to participate (a program application must be in progress by the scholarship application deadline)
This is a “Common App” application! Click the Apply Now button to get started.
The late Edward Lee Piepho (Grad ’72) and Susan Brand Piepho (Grad ’70) met during a trip to Europe as college students and made an estate gift to UVA to fund scholarships for students wishing to study abroad. Read more about the Piephos here.