The Sue and Lee Piepho Scholarship supports undergraduate student participation in education abroad. Awards will be based on the quality of the application. Scholarship award amounts vary, but tend to fall within a range of $500-$2000.
Award recipients are expected to:
- While abroad, send Dr. Piepho a photo of themselves in their host-city
- Upon return to Grounds, send a letter reflecting upon their international experience
Spring Semester Application Deadline: October 15
Summer, Fall Semester, Year Application Deadline: February 15
Successful applicants must:
- Be a currently enrolled undergraduate student
- Maintain good academic and disciplinary standing with a GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Have demonstrated financial need
- Participate in a credit-bearing education abroad program for a summer, semester or year
- Be approved to participate (a program application must be in progress by the scholarship application deadline)
This is a “Common App” application! Click the Apply Now button to get started.
The late Edward Lee Piepho (Grad ’72) and Susan Brand Piepho (Grad ’70) met during a trip to Europe as college students and made an estate gift to UVA to fund scholarships for students wishing to study abroad. Read more about the Piephos here.